22/10/2008

Tag..You're At It (Teil Drei)

Job?
(Still a) Student

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?
From my Pa: Don't wear anything un-ironed (Sorry Pa, sometimes I woke up just in time for me to clean myself that I always skipped this step religiously)
From my Ma: When in doubt, wear baju kurung. It never goes out of style.

Style icons?
I’ve always admired Audrey Hepburn’s chic and clean look, which was so timeless, and still relevant to this very day. And I used to resort to Nicole Richie and Mary Kate Olsen for that homeless, bohemian and hippy look.


Personal style quirk?
I like to mismatch the colour of my shoes/handbag with the outfit that I'm wearing, like pink ballerina with black tunic or vice versa. It keeps things from getting too matchy-matchy.

Favorite designers?
Giorgio Armani for that tailored and polished look.
Chanel for chic and timeless look.



Most cherished item?
A 1970s vintage Dior clutch that I found at flea market.

I feel best wearing?
Black mascara and eyeliner.


The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist's outfit?
Shoes.


I always break this fashion rule:
Comfort over style.


I never break this fashion rule:
When in doubt, wear black.


Yes, but not like this, ok!

Never caught wearing?
Any camouflage pattern/printed item.
Bright neon colours




Most underrated item in menswear/womenswear?
Good undergarments.


Dress to impress who?
No one really.


Favorite stores?
H&M for their worth for money and well edited items of trend. Zara for well tailored pants and shirts and also their fabulous shoes.



Your next "must have" purchase?
LV Neverfull GM.


I skimp when buying…
Socks.

I splurge on....
Bags and shoes i.e. leather goods.



Favorite item of clothing
Currently, a pair black Zara Basic flats and mid-heels Jimmy 'made for walking running' Choo (will blog about it later, when time permits)
Eh, shoes are also categorized as clothing, right?


Guilty pleasure?
Shopping using credit card.


Perfume?
Currently heavy on:

Femme (Hugo Boss)
Incanto Charms (Salvatore Ferragamo)
Be Delicious (DKNY)

Most stylish city?
I'd pick Paris over London because there's a bit trashy and chavvy about how the Londoners dressed. Parisian on the other hand, always look effortlessly chic, something which I dig.


When I was in high school I wore?
During the pre-Spice Girls era, I wore lots of baggy T-shirt with brand like Billabong, Quicksilver and Converse paired with jogging pants (no prize in guessing who is my Spice Girls' idol back then)
I gradually got rid of wearing baggy shirt when I was in college.
Sports?
Swimming and running. I used to do a bit of yoga and pilates before.

Favorite fashion magazine?
Elle and Glamour.


Favorite vacation spot?
Any nice beach.


Favorite neighborhood restaurant?
Here? In Germany? None.

No comments: