30/07/2009

On The Road

As weird as it sounds, I haven't slept in my bed for 4 days. And I kinda miss it. I miss Mr. Teddy, who sadly didn't join me on the (business) trip. I've been on the road since Monday, every day at a different state. I have a big presentation to a potential client in tomorrow yet I haven't prepare anything. Chances of me screwing up the whole presentation is high but I didn't have the energy. Public speaking is clearly not my forte. So is sales and convincing people. Sometimes I wonder if this job is the right one for me. It does not pay well (at least to my standard) but good enough to pay my bills. I like the office environment, the bosses and the colleagues. Don't get me wrong, I like the other aspects of the job too i.e. travelling, it's the convincing and persuading part that I didn't fancy. For the past 2 months, I think I've put on some weight. The big boss has a thing with good food and is not stingy with his money when it comes to food. Like last Friday when he treated the staff for lunch at San Francisco Steak House. Or the time when we went to Putrajaya Seafood for dinner. He's amazing, isn't he? The kind makes you think twice to even quit your job.

My mind and body are tired, and I don't even bother to read back what I wrote. Let's just pray and hope tomorrow's presentation is going to be ok.

p/s: My fave part of meeting people is when I get to hand them my business card! :)

2 comments:

reena said...

Wah bestnya ada bos rajin belanja!

polkadot said...

oo lepas ni blh la bg adiah burfday kotak letak business catd je..