14/05/2011

Words From An Ex-Bride

As an ex-bride, I totally understand that planning a wedding is indeed stressful. It is a major event in your life and of course, you want to look your best in everything, be it the dress, the make-up, the shoes and even the smallest details such as the decoration, guestbook and etc.

I understand that whenever things didn't not go your way, it is easy to get frustrated, stressed, and you ended up screaming at practically anyone. Bridezilla on the loose yo, gotta alert the traffic control!

But, if I may or even eligible to give any advise or wise words, (look at me, yesterday was my birthday and suddenly today I am all wiser. HAHA) it's easy to get caught up in the wedding tangle but please remember to breathe and reflect back the most important thing. No matter how lavish and grand your wedding is, or how your walkaway or dais or whatever is the bomb diggity, people are going to forget about it faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

So please, take a chill pill.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to be a closeted bride-to-be. I didn't want to blog much about the wedding preparation for I am afraid of jinxing it. Call me superstitious or whatever but I believe that too much talking on things that is ahead of you is bad. So I only talked a fraction of it here.

I talked about some tips here and there, what I did, who we met, where we went, but never actually revealing the actual outcome until the event was over. I didn't even post any teaser of anything anywhere. It's either I am too secretive or I am plain lazy to take photo to post it here. But I suspect it is the later. Hehe.

But honestly, for someone who loves originality, I was afraid of copycat. There, I said it. It's easy for random stranger to come across any blog and steal copy the ideas and claimed it as theirs. No, I am not being kedekut but I believe being original is crucial. Have you ever wonder, why most weddings (mostly Malay) in Malaysia, doesn't differ much from one another? I feel like having a deja-vu at every single wedding that I attended.

Before anyone bashing me, yes, my wedding wasn't that unique either. I had to comply and respect my parents. Had I had my way, it wasn't supposed to be like it was. But I retain the originality in few things that I guess, doesn't need to be mentioned here.

So brides, it's easy to steal copy ideas from others, altering it into your own and get praises. But where is the originality? Or your integrity?

8 comments:

Alia said...

hye moose! i'm so agreed with u! sometimes if overexpose pun boleh turn to something we didn't expect in future. right?

btw! i love ur dress from ezuwan ismail! =)

Qistin Fadzin said...

happy belated birthday, moose!~

sometimes ppl claimed they're being innovative u see... so that's why they think they deserved their 'hardly-earned' credit... kesian kan? haha.

r3bL said...

oh tq for the advice Mrs moose. i love this post :)

reena said...

Love this post! Sesuai untuk i :p

Xora said...

selamat hari jadi moose. semoga sentiasa dibawah payung rahmatNya.

p.s saya pernah kongsi satu idea dalam blog saya, then gi wedding seorang blogger dan dia tiru bulat2idea saya. even masa review majlis dia, dia ada mentioned idea asal tu daripada saya, tapi tetap tak dapat rawat hatiku yang luka ittew~

Shasha said...

Hi Moose!

I'm gonna let it all loose now :)

Anyway, interesting reads...some people would agree, some would oppose. But i guess it's part of the blogging world, when you share something, if people really like it, they might decide that they want it too...

If we're not okay with it than in the first place jangan share(tapi that's the point of having a blog right..to document it all?)...and the 'pencopy' pun, jangan la copy bulat-bulat, alter it to fit their own style la kan...

If assignment pun ada orang copy-paste...apekah lagi wedding ideas...

my two cents lah...

Oh! and Happy Belated Birthday to you :)

Mrs Kecik said...

hahaha. dussh. padan muka aku.

Moose said...

haha. aku tak perli ko, ok! HAHA

apesal ntah blogger ni bengong aritu lepas tu aku terpaksa re-publish blk entry ni. lepas tu komen2 aritu sume hilang.