14/02/2012

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda

“As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.”
Carrie Bradshaw [Sex and the City]

Have your ever sat down and ponder on the mistakes that you have made throughout your life? Well, if you haven't, then I salute you for have been living the life without regrets. Unlike those daredevils, some of us might have and probably has been doing that for quite some time. 

A friend once told me that, the "what ifs" question is very daunting as it lingers with insecurity and doubt and in the long run, will affect decision making process, and I couldn't agree more. 

I have spent few years of my (younger) life thinking few possibilities of how things would turn out differently. I was doing the coulda, shoula and woulda. It took the best of me and for a period of my life I was so high on emotion and armed with rage. But as I grew older, matured and wiser, I am grateful for making bad decisions as these are actually the valuable life experiences that mould me into the person that I am today. Surprised as it may sound, I won't do anything to change it all. Oh well, maybe except for the days when I'm packing on the pounds and ate like there's no tomorrow.

Maybe it's true what they said. Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate.

No comments: