Since I had a smooth sailing first trimester, the second trimester was a bit urmm, challenging in a way. I experienced a painful heartburn that made eating felt like a chore. The pain would start at around 3pm and would last past dinner. I read up a lot on home remedies on the Internet because I didn't want to rely on taking antacids but none seems to work. I even tried cutting down food that can trigger heartburn but failed because I was craving for Malay food a lot during the second trimester that avoiding food with chillies is inevitable. After everything else fails, it suddenly dawned on me that the cause of all these might be the organic all vegetarian multivitamin that I was on because during our trip to Spain, I forgot to bring the supplement and boy, my stomach never have felt better. So, I took a couple of days off and just like that, heartburn was gone. Since then, I was off the supplement and couldn't be any happier.
Apart from that, I also experienced:
- lush thick hair. I used to shed a lot of hairs around the house like an old cat that it freaked H a lot. Now, hello gorgeous commercial-like hair!
- bigger boobs. I finally got the boobs that I always wished for. HAHA
- very prominent linea nigra that it feels like someone just lined it with a marker
- glowing skin. No SK-II and the likes is needed. I can just splashed water and dab on some moisturizer and that's all I need to look and feel good.
- baby's kicking! For a moment when I first felt her/his movement, my heart was filled with rush of emotions. It can make even me, the most un-maternal person gushed!
- edema due to long hours flight from Oslo-Amsterdam-KL and I didn't rest much after that. The feet were swollen that I couldn't fit into most of my shoes. A tip that my mom gives: elevate your feet with a pillow when you're sleeping. It helped as my feet shrunk to their normal size few days after that.
So far, I haven't notice any stretch marks but, I know that they'll appear sooner or later. For now, I am hoping that the Burt's Bee Mama Bee Belly Butter that people been raving about that I'm using since the beginning will work its wonder but even that you can't be sure. Still, I'm crossing fingers that they won't appear at all!
Unfortunately to date, I haven't taken any close-up picture of my bump and the closest that I or we can get are these pictures taken during our short holiday in Malaysia last month.
|At 24 weeks|