17/08/2012

Salam Aidilfitri

I supposed everyone is heading to their respective hometown for Eid by now. Sebagai anak perantau (chewah, ayat tak boleh blah), H and I will be celebrating Eid this year in Oslo. We're celebrating it low key this year since we haven't really make any preparation for it. We're more excited on preparing for the baby, I guess and so far almost 90% of the checklist is completed. And for that, alhamdulillah.

This year also marks the second year that I didn't celebrate hari raya with my family. Last year's was H's turn and this year we're on neutral ground so insya Allah I'll be celebrating Eid with my family next year. If you were to ask me how does it feels not having to celebrate Eid with your own family, frankly, I don't know how to answer that. Alah tegal bisa biasa, kata orang because I've been away on my own since 2004. Bila lepas habis belajar in 2008, baru dapat merasa beraya dengan keluarga balik. But of course, nothing beats the feeling of being surrounded by your loved ones so absence does make the heart grows fonder.

In the spirit of Eid, I would like to wish all my readers,



No comments: